If your goal is a smooth & satisfying installation, knowing what to expect can go a long way. Here’s a brief checklist of things to do or consider before your Carpet Factory Super Store installers arrive:
- We’ll determine in advance how to handle the removal & disposal of your existing floors.
- We’ll also determine in advance how your furniture will be moved. You should remove any fragile items, draperies, wall hangings & more as part of this process.
- Know that hardwood should, in general, run parallel to windows or to the longest wall in a narrow room. Added stability can be achieved by installing planks perpendicular to floor joists. We’ll follow this general rule by default barring unusual circumstances, but we’ll always ultimately align with your design preferences.
- We’ll measure your door clearances to determine if your new hardwood floors will be thicker than your existing floor, and whether this will cause your door bottoms to rub. If so, we may need to have your doors shaved down to allow damage-free clearance.
- If you’re planning to repaint your room or remodel any other aspects of your room, do so before new hardwood flooring is installed. This will help to prevent drips & other damage to your floors.
Professional installation is an investment in the overall quality of your floor, ensuring that it will look beautiful and perform well over time. Our team will consider the following.
- Your current flooring. Hardwood can be installed directly over some existing floors, but others will need to be removed first. We’ll then ensure that the subfloor is level & smooth.
- Moisture testing. Our installers will check for moisture in the subfloor to prevent later problems with buckling or cupping.
- Installation: Our installers will nail or glue boards in place, working from multiple cartons to create consistency in the look of the floor.
Check with our team to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation.