If your goal is a smooth & satisfying installation, knowing what to expect can go a long way. Here’s a brief checklist of things to do or consider before your Carpet Factory Super Store installers arrive:
- We’ll determine in advance how to handle the removal & disposal of your existing floors.
- We’ll also determine in advance how your furniture will be moved. You should remove any fragile items, draperies, wall hangings & more as part of this process.
- Know that laminate should, in general, run parallel to windows or to the longest wall in a narrow room. We’ll follow this general rule by default barring unusual circumstances, but we’ll always ultimately align with your design preferences.
- We’ll measure your door clearances to determine if your new laminate floors will be thicker than your existing floor, and whether this will cause your door bottoms to rub. If so, we may need to have your doors shaved down to allow damage-free clearance.
- If you’re planning to repaint your room or remodel any other aspects of your room, do so before new laminate flooring is installed. This will help to prevent drips & other damage to your floors.
With proper installation, your new laminate floor will look good now & for many years to come. Our team will consider the following.
- Your current flooring. Laminate can be installed directly over some existing floors, but others will need to be removed first. We’ll then ensure that the subfloor is level & smooth.
- Moisture testing. Our installers will check for moisture in the subfloor to prevent later problems with buckling or cupping.
- Room shape. Challenges caused by room irregularities, odd or tight spaces, cabinetry or a kitchen island will all be addressed individually by our experienced professionals.
- Installation. Our team will cut and place each laminate plank or tile, maintaining a gap around the floor’s perimeter to allow for expansion due to temperature or humidity.
Check with our team to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation.